Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This was what I saw when I came in after offering Pyper some blue cake batter. I made a flag cake for a friend's Memorial Day party, the cake being red, white and blue. Pyper looked like she had gone a few rounds with a Smurf...

My flag cake. It tasted as good as it looked.

We were gardening, and lost track of Pyper. I came around the side of our outbuilding and found 2 old friends talking...

And sharing a pat and rub.

Pyper and I went to our friend's organic farm, Omega Lane Farm, down the street from us. They have a passive solar green house and raise all their veggies from seed. We bought 7 different tomato varieties. One of which is a yellow tomato. We'll try it. I think that's the fun in gardening--exploring new varieties and seeing what works from year to year.

Our tomato selection

I bought all my kitchen herbs from Omega Lane Farm as well. These are all perennials, so I'm planning on having them for a while. I hope. Last year, we forgot and tilled them all up. Oh, well.

Pyper wanted to paint the fence like daddy, so Shannon filled up her bucket with water, and she went to town, wanting to accomplish something like this...

Shannon staining the fence. It's been up for 2 years, and we've been meaning to do it, but one thing or another kept us from doing it. Now, it looks so fresh and clean. I love the outcome! Shannon works so hard around the farm. What would we do without him??? I guess just have ugly brown fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment