Friday, July 13, 2012

An A-Typical Thursday...

Since I've been working crazy long hours for nearly 2 weeks, I was given some time off.  SO, I decided I needed to hit the trails with Iney.  The endurance race is right around the corner, and I wanted to be sure I got as much riding in as possible. I hauled 2 hours to Falls Branch, Tn to a friend's 100 acre farm.  It was an eventful day.  It rained, I had a flat on my trailer, the farm ride scared the snot out of Iney (many boogie men trying to eat her), and then she decided she didn't want to get back on the trailer.  I was beyond exhausted, but it wasn't a complete wash.  She learned many valuable lessons on that ride.  I did too. 



Our garden this year has taken off.  We grow organic, no nasty dusting on our veggies!  We fertilize only with compost from our critters.  It really pays off!  Look at those zucchini!  The red and russet potatoes have done well also.  We dug up all the ones that were dying off, and collected about 15 gallons of potatoes.  Whew! 




We were invited over to Jenn's house.  She and her family are from Maryland and they came down for little Steven's 5th birthday party this weekend.  They brought 2 bushels of blue crabs.  Oh, my!  I was in heaven!!!


Jenn's brother-in-law, Bubba, showed Pyper the crabs.  She loved them!


Steamed goodness with Old Bay...



This was our pile of carnage.  It's a messy business, but man, it's sooo good!  It was the perfect ending to a perfect day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment