Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gone to the Dogs

The rescue where we adopted Naki, Imminent Danger German Shepherd Rescue, is having a drive for items they need.  Since Deb, the owner and lady that found us Naki, is so wonderful, we have decided to try to meet the needs of the rescue.  They need dog bowls, food, collars, leashes, toys, medicine, bleach and paper towels, and dog beds.  I love to sew, and I love saving money, so I started thinking of how I can donate dog beds in my tight budget.  They're expensive brand new at the store!!!  I had an old comforter that I've had for 5+ years that I washed and stored away.  I no longer was crazy about the pattern, and thought it would be good for camping.  SO, I got to thinking...scary when that happens!  I laid it out, and cut into fourths.  Perfect sized dog beds for large German Shepherds. 


 Itty wanted to inspect my work...

 Then Naki came along and made herself comfortable.

 I used a large zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine and sewed up the 2 raw sides being sure to sew down the batting.  Naki approved of my work!

 Hammish really liked it too.

Hannibal didn't want to be left out, and I found him trying it out.   These beds are bigger than I had anticipated, but can easily be folded to fit into a crate.  I just like knowing that precious rescued dogs will be enjoying them this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment