Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Getting my sew on...

I have been such a bad blogger lately.  I have been so busy at work following up on a syphilis outbreak 100 miles from home (one way), trying to enjoy the last bits of summer, have some time with my little family, and seem to run out of steam by 7 PM.  I ended up not going on the 30 mile endurance race with Iney.  With my work schedule, I hadn't had the opportunity to ride in over a month.  I was afraid of stressing her out too much and possibly injuring her.  That is my biggest regret of the summer.  Oh, well.  In the evenings I have been sewing after everyone is asleep.  It helps me to relax and get my mind off work, and all the things I have let fall by the wayside lately.  It's like therapy for me.  I get into a zone, ironing seams, sewing hems and figuring out pattern pieces.  I enjoy it so much.  I found this super cute fall fabric that I thought would highlight both Pyper and Raegan's coloring.  My friend Brandy loaned me the best pattern.  I love the modest length of the skirt, and the top has elastic for the neckline and armholes.  Super comfy for an active Pyper. On chilly days, I can pair it with a long sleeve t-shirt.  I just bought a cute pattern for Itty yesterday and cut the pattern and same material last night.  I can't wait to see how it will turn out.  Here's Pyper's dress. 


 Pyper really likes the gathered skirt because she likes to twirl like a princess.  Or so she says.  :)

And this is a random picture of Itty as she napped on Friday.  I love her chubby arms and cheeks.  And how she plays with my hair as she dozes off...

No comments:

Post a Comment