Monday, April 16, 2012

*Yawn!*

Raegan's 7 month birthday came and went on the 12th. I was out of town on a business trip to Richmond, but still thought of my little girl that day. It's been a difficult month to say the least. Everyone says each child is different, and it's so very true. Raegan has been unusually fussy this month, and extraordinarily clingy. My friend, Brandy, my sounding board for all things parenting, made me feel a bit better yesterday. She pointed out that the 6-9 month stage is the clingy, "don't get out of my sight!" phase every baby goes through. I really need to read up again on the developmental stages again. Clearly, I have forgotten so much since Pyper was this age, just 2 years ago. Any time Raegan is put down, she screams. Especially at bed time. She wants to be held 24/7, and it's exhausting. I wear her as much as possible, but the lack of sleep is really taking it's toll on all involved. My mom, dad, and sister watched the girls this week while I was out of town. They said they can't do it again. At least not watch them at the same time. Raegan was waking every hour or two at night crying as though her heart would break. Mom couldn't take her eyes off Pyper because Pyper has a tendency to try to murder Raegan when left unattended. Mom and dad asked me time and again how I did it, and questioning my sanity as to how I want more children. This is the typical "after work" routine. She craves being touched, comforted and soothed. I do love attachment parenting, but it's exhausting all the same.


At the park with my Itty Bit.


Easter morning bunny. She and Shannon were the only ones to go to church as Pyper had a stomach bug. Raegan cut her bottom two teeth on March 30th. She's very proud of those two teeth.





Easter morning. The only pic I got before my camera battery died.





Finally successful at back wearing. It's still a work in progress, but I am able to get so much more done around the house and outside now. This particular day, I cleaned up the chicken coop, fed and watered the chickies, loved on the horses and cleaned the house. All while wearing her.


Sleeping (or lack thereof) has been an uphill climb for us as well. Raegan is by far, the laziest baby ever. She can roll over, I have seen her, but she refuses to. Shannon and I both think that if she would just roll over onto her tummy, she would probably sleep better. She can also hold her own bottle, but doesn't. She will instead scream until you give in and hold it for her, and then instantly latches on and drains it. While feeding, she loves to reach her little arm up and pull your hair. She's sitting up now, too, and liked to sit on the floor and play with toys until about 2 weeks ago. Now, she just wants to be held or worn. Oh, well. I try to keep telling myself that one day I will miss holding her little body and feeling her soft breathing as she falls asleep in my arms.


I was given a quote and tell anyone that will listen:


This year wherever possible I will announce in word & deed, "Hey! My children aren't burdens. In my eyes they are weightless."









1 comment: