Thursday, October 27, 2011

At Long Last!

It's been a long time since I have had a chance to post. I thought while on maternity leave, I'd have plenty of time to take pictures, post blogs, and do crafty things. This never happened. I was either too worn out from chasing a near 2 year old, or so exhausted from being up at all hours of the night from our newborn. Needless to say, we have been busy. BUT, we were able to have some fun in the last 6 weeks.

Pyper was so excited about going to the pumpkin patch with her buddies. Above, she is looking out ahead of the tractor waiting for the patch to appear.


It was all that she had hoped for and then some. They all had so much fun picking out the perfect pumpkin.






Raegan and I relaxing after a long day. I love her little smile. It makes it worth getting up 2-3 times a night to feed, comfort or cuddle. She is such a sweetie. She's 4 weeks old in this picture.




That weekend, Shannon and Raegan had a chance to catch some zzzzz's while watching TV. I love how snuggly she is.




Pyper does too. Pyper is such an adoring sister. She does show some signs of jealousy, but it's typically directed toward us, and not Raegan. She loves to hold her, and states often, "I hold it!" or "MINE!!!" She kisses her, pets her head and holds her hand when she can. I hope they are always close.


Some very exciting news from the chicken front is that I found THIS beauty in one of the nesting boxes on Oct. 22! It's such a small egg, with a light buffed brown color. I also got another one yesterday, and it was larger and darker. I'm concluding it came from a different lady, as the size and color were so different. I wish I knew who to thank and congratulate for these little treasures!!!




Here is just a random shot of Pyper at the pumpkin patch. I thought it interesting that they also had a row or decorative gourds at the patch, and Pyper liked them due to their size.



Happy Fall, Ya'll! I hope you have such a blessed season. We have certainly enjoyed it this year!








No comments:

Post a Comment